Monday, May 02, 2011

Steven Curtis Chapman - When Love Takes You In



I still think this song is one of the most moving songs I have ever heard.  The first time I ever heard it, we were waiting for our referral from Russia.  I sat and wept as I thought about my baby boy so far away in Russia without his Mama to hold him.  I wanted so desperately to be there... I wanted to control everything... I was struggling to face the reality that my baby is really God's baby... and that He would unite Mama and son when it was time.  I had professed to love Jesus before that night, but that was the night I finally started to understand that I needed to fully surrender and allow God to do as HE willed.  Not that is was easy after that... it wasn't.  I had to make a choice every day to give it all to God and to allow His love to take ME in.  I held on to the words of this song not only as a promise to my fourth child so far away, but as a promise to me also... that I was right where God wanted me to be.

The Chapman family played a huge role in inspiring our family to move ahead in our adoption journey.  To learn more about them and the incredible things they are doing for adoption and orphan care, go to
www.stevencurtischapman.com/adopt  and...
http://www.showhope.org/


"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord,
"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and future.
Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.
You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. 
I will be found by you," declares the Lord, "and will bring you back from captivity.
I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you," declares the Lord,
"and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile."  
                                                                                                                 Jeremiah 29:11-14

No comments: