Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Dasvidaniya Adoption Paperwork!

Last week, we completed our court proceedings for Caleb's readoption and finally said dasvidaniya to ALL paperwork regarding C's adoption.

NO.  MORE.  EVER!!!!!!! 

I was super nervous and emotional before walking into court... entering the courthouse brought back a lot of memories of walking into the courthouse in Russia.  As soon as we walked in to the courtroom, though, my feelings quickly shifted to pure JOY.  In Russia, Andrew wasn't allowed in the courtroom, and Caleb was still in the orphanage.  This time, however, Caleb and Andrew were sitting right next to D and I... and we were sitting in a courtroom in our very own beloved country (God bless the USA!!!!!).  It was so special to have them with us, and to know that this time, C is already ours :0)  The thought made me downright giddy!  Obviously my feelings were quite evident, because Caleb just beamed lovingly at me the entire time (sooooo sweet... just melted my heart!).  We had explained to him beforehand what was going to happen and why we were going to court, but it really shocked me that he really seemed to understand.  I loved that C got to be a part of it this time around, and that Andrew insisted on being there with his little brother... that boy makes a momma proud :0)  What an incredible big brother he is!

Anyway, of course the court proceedings went off without a hitch, and afterward, C was invited to sit on the judge's bench for a picture.  That just made his day :0)  We decided to top it all off with a round of cokes afterward, which put C in absolute heaven. Despite all of his best begging efforts, C NEVER gets such a treat! 

The best treat for Mommy and Daddy?  We won't have to ever travel to Russia to get another copy of baby boy's birth certificate. 

Hooray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

C is still talking about this

Wish this had come out...

So handsome!

My sweet baby with sucker goo on his face :0)

No comments: