Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Ash has a boyfriend!

Relax, Grandmas, it's not what you think...

At bedtime tonight, I was in the hallway on my way to the bathroom to check on my girls (they are 6 years old) when I heard this conversation:

Ash: "You know B likes K and he wants to be her boyfriend" (my ears perked up right away).
Beans: "I know. But she doesn't want to go out with him" (Wow, where does this stuff come from?).
Ash: "Well, he told EVERYONE he is in love with her" (I was now hurrying to set the conversation straight).

I tried to appear casual as I entered the bathroom...

Me: "You girls are too young to be in love. You have to be grownups to have a boyfriend."
Ash (totally serious): "We know that, Mom! I'm only in love with one boy!"
Me: "You are? (I was preparing to give Ash a big lecture) Who?"
Ash: "Daddy!"

With that, she flashed me a huge grin and skipped into her room.

I didn't have the heart to tell her Daddy is already taken :0)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This grandma approves! Love to all - grandma m.