Sunday, November 09, 2008

Awakening



I just love to see C's face light up when he is praised by D or myself. His eyes shine as he grins from ear to ear, and his entire body shivers in the pure thrill of it all. He just loves to be told "great job!" or "you did it!". Of course, all children love to succeed and be praised, but it is different with C. He can hardly contain his joy at the idea of having his very own captive audience/cheerleaders. I have noticed the joy in his reaction becoming even more pronounced over the past few weeks. Lately, he says "Mama, look at me!" every chance he gets. It is clear that he is finally starting to realize that his dad and I are his FOREVER cheerleaders, and that we want to celebrate ALL of the successes and joy life brings his way. He is finally figuring out what the words Mommy and Daddy really mean. Up until now, my name has been Mommy to him, but it might as well have been any other name. I think C is really starting to understand that Mommy and Daddy are his to keep. Praise God!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We join you in praising God (who is also part of C's "forever team").

Love to all - g&gm

Anonymous said...

"Look at me!" was Em's first sentence (almost her first words). It is an immediate reminder to give each one our full love for that moment. It's so hard being the last one!!

On the flip side, we've discovered we're growing a little class clown/center of attention junkie . . . uh oh.