Monday, December 01, 2008

One Year Ago

Last year on Thanksgiving, I was praying for news of our son. It was so hard to know he was out there somewhere, but to not know any other information about him... and then on November 30th, 2007 at 3:55 PM, we got a phone call that changed everything! We found out that our son was 19 months old and he was in Siberia! I cannot describe in words what that was like... I can only say there was so much joy in that moment! Suddenly, the son I had known only in my heart for 2 years was right there in front of me! When we went to the computer to pull up his pictures, this is what we saw...



Sing to God, sing praise to his name,

extol him who rides on the clouds-

his name is the Lord-

and rejoice before him.

A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows,

is God in his holy dwelling.

God sets the lonely in families...

Psalm 68:4-6

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Still seems like yesterday... I had his picture up in our kitchen until school started this fall (the one with the scab on his face). Then he got bumped for Kindergarten artwork. :) Anyway, look how far he's come!