Friday, April 10, 2009

Ten Years and Counting...

Today is our 10th wedding anniversary!

Just think, honey, 10 years ago today, you were feeling incredibly sick to your stomach (from nerves) and couldn't wait for the day to end (so you could finally be married to me, of course- or was it because you hate big social gatherings and you hate having your picture taken even more!?). Oh- and remember your reaction when you found out you would have to wear a mic during the ceremony? Poor guy... I haven't even mentioned the extreme fatigue you were feeling at the time because you had just spent the previous month remodeling our new home so we could move in the day after we got married. You gave every waking moment and every ounce of your strength (and your last nerve) so we could have a beautiful home. I still cannot express to you how grateful I am to you for that amazing gift. I so admire you for what you did for me... for us.

I am eternally glad you decided to suffer through the pomp and circumstance and all of the hard work to start a life with me. We made it through that day (and you did a great!), and we have made it through many more days since then. We have laughed, we have cried... we have sometimes struggled with how to deal with certain challenges, but I wouldn't go back and change a single second of it.

Happy Anniversary, sweetie :0) The past 10 years have been amazing! I am so blessed to be able to walk through life with my best friend. And our four children have such an incredible Daddy... it is awesome to watch you love them. I cannot tell you how much joy it brings me that they have a Daddy who has a heart for God. I know I don't tell you enough how proud I am of you and all you do. I don't know anyone who could do it better.

I heart you!

Love,
Me

2 comments:

Marci said...

Awesome~happy anniversary!!
How nice of you to spend your 10th anniversary at the Hannah Montana movie with the Goodales!! Hahaha!

Anonymous said...

L - Dad and I will never forget the phone call from you the night you told us you had met someone special. We heard in your voice during that call a change in you. Then we met your someone special, and we knew, instantly, that this was indeed someone very special. The old saying is that no one could be good enough for your daughter - we'll in this case, that's just not true. We love D and have tremendous respect for his as a person, husband and dad.

We love you all! - mom