Thursday, May 28, 2009

One Year's Time

Last year at this time, we had just two days left to be without our son. The week of Gotcha Day last year just dragged on and on, and there were certainly times when it felt to us like it would never come. And here I sit, almost an entire year later, wondering where the time has gone. How could a year have passed since then? As I reflect on all that has transpired in the past year, I cannot help but be in awe... and such an overwhelming feeling of gratitude floods my mind and heart. Caleb is home and he is growing and healing. If I had been able to glimpse into the present back then, I would have found it hard to believe that the happy, loving little 3 year-old who is our Caleb today is the same little boy we brought home last year. This past year has certainly been a lesson for me in God's healing power. I know Caleb still has some healing to do, but I also know the transformation he has made so far just takes my breath away... I love you so very much my little Dimka-doo!

1 comment:

Marci said...

Wow--I cannot believe it has almost been a year already. Time does fly! BTW, love the slide show pics on your sidebar!