Wednesday, September 09, 2009

JOY!


I was looking through some pictures today and was reminded of this one, which was taken last year on Caleb's first full day home. As soon as everyone was awake that morning, we all went outside to fill our pool (we had promised our girls while we were in Russia that would be the very first thing we would do when we returned home). I just love this picture, because it is the very first moment I had ever seen true JOY on my baby's face... and it was captured forever in a photograph.
What an awesome moment that was!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

L - How I remember the joy of the day. You, D and A were celebrating your return home after a month's adventure to Russia. A and R were celebrating your return. C began his life-long celebration of being part of his "forever" family. My celebration was feeling the overwhelming joy surrounding me. Love you all - mom/grandma