Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Time for a Date?

Last night in the car, D and I were trying to have a meaningful conversation. The kids were in the car, so this was not successful. Two of the kids were crying, one was singing at the top of his lungs, and the fourth child insisted on continually interrupting. My husband's response to this type of situation is usually to give up on the conversation between the two of us altogether and last night was no exception. This left me feeling frustrated, so after about 5 minutes of brooding I said,

"I need a date."

After a moment, D looked at me and in complete seriousness said,

"With who?"

1 comment:

Robin said...

ha, ha!! We have the same trouble at our house. Change scene to dinner table, add dog to scene. The dad says "Hey, guys, I'm trying to talk to Mommy." "What do you guys have to talk about?" says one. "But I need some milk." says another. "Georgie, Georgie, I love you." sings the last. Aaaahhh!!!