Friday, July 18, 2008

Freedom On The Other Side

A quick update...

The visit with the social worker went so well! Even though we all lacked sleep and weren't feeling our best, it turned out O.K. anyway (who would have guessed?). The house was even pretty clean- a true miracle (O.K., maybe it wasn't so clean, but the social worker didn't trip over anything, so that's good, right?!).

It was an awesome moment to have our social worker and C sitting in the same room together. Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was a big moment for me. We are now officially on the home from Russia side of things now. I don't have to dread the paperwork now... C is HERE!!!

I am no longer afraid of the phone ringing (or not ringing).

I no longer have to fear the weekends and holidays (because they are not business days and they only served to slow the adoption process).

I no longer have to dread getting an E-mail that we need to turn in "just one more document" (including notary and apostille) A.S.A.P.

All of these realizations are so freeing (and a little delayed, I know :0).

I even got brave and put about half of our adoption paperwork in the shred pile downstairs. I haven't ACTUALLY shredded any of it it yet... but I will!

Oh my... being home with my son is the most wonderful gift! Things aren't perfect (and I am FAR from being the perfect Mommy), but we are HERE, and my bond with my son is growing deeper everyday.

Thank you, God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: