Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The Things I Love About Summer

Summer is my most favorite season, and today was one of those perfect summer days. It had all 3 elements required...
1) The sun was shining
2) It was hot (but not too hot)
3) We got to spend a lot of time in the water

The 3 big kids were quite busy today and were not around much, so C and I got to swim in our little pool today without any yelling, splashing, etc. It was so much fun! Not that it isn't fun with all 4 of the kids, but it was great to be able to give him some one-on -one attention. He is quite the little swimmer! We started him out with water wings plus a tube just a few days ago (we didn't let him swim in the pool until last week) and he has already graduated to water wings only. His most favorite pool activity is to jump into the pool. Then he climbs out and does it all over again. He holds his breath like a pro! We just have to remind him to keep his mouth closed before he jumps in. And he already gets around on his own. We are impressed with this, as we are certain he has NEVER been swimming before. As I have stated in previous posts, he clearly fits our family- we all love to swim! Not only is swimming great exercise, but it tuckers those little ones out too (great bonus for Mommy and Daddy)!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That summer comment just reminds me of you all over. I never thought about it before, but for sure, you are a summer girl. Always have been--memories of beach trips have taken over my brain today. Some I haven't thought of in years. Good times.

Summer is my least favorite season. But it is so YOU! How are we best friends? How are we not? Glad C likes it too. Now you have to guess, what's my favorite season?