Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Ice sculptures



I don't have anything new to tell today, so I thought I would post some cool pictures of the ice sculptures that were in the square right outside of our hotel in Siberia. They are carved with scenes depicting the history and origins of the city. Our translator told us the ice blocks are cut from the river and carved right there in the square. If you look closely, you will see D and me standing on the sculpture in the first picture. This will give you an idea of the size of the sculptures- they were HUGE!!!! There were men carving some of the sculptures that night, so we got to watch how it is done. Wow! It was amazing! We would have stayed out longer, but we were freezing (shocking, I know!) and very tired. We had to get up at 4:30 the next morning to travel to the airport :0( **yawn!**

No comments: