Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Words to live by- out of the mouth of a 5 year-old

Each of my 5 year-old girls got a beautiful cross necklace as a gift from their grandma and grandpa several months ago. The necklaces are highly treasured by the girls and are worn quite regularly. The other day, one of my girls came up to me out of the blue and said, "Mom, whenever I am sad, I just look at this (holding the cross up) and it makes me happy". I asked her to repeat what she had just said to her dad, so she did. She then flashed us a beautiful, carefree smile and skipped away. How simple, I thought... that's all there is to it. Thanks for the reminder, God!


"Give all your worries and cares to God, for He cares about you"
1 Peter 5:7


"I am leaving you with a gift- peace of mind and heart.
And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give.
So don't be troubled or afraid." John 14:27


"Always be full of Joy in the Lord. I say it again- rejoice!"
Phillipeans 4:4

1 comment:

Deb said...

Wow! What simple words.