Sunday, March 02, 2008

A Visitor (uninvited)

I haven't posted much lately...I've been pretty uninspired. Something happened today that inspired me, though, so I thought I would share.

We had a visitor at our house today.

It was puke.

Have you ever noticed that when you have children and/or pets and there is a pukey day at your house, it is usually REALLY pukey? Well that is how it was at our house today.

It started at 5 A.M. with my son standing next to my bed in the dark, saying, "Mom, I'm really thirsty!" Something about the way he was saying it (maybe it was because he had his hand around his throat) jolted me upright immediately. But before I could even completely focus my eyes on him, it was too late...

The next moment, I was frantically saying, "Try to get to the bathroom, honey!" and chasing after him as he ran. But it could not be contained.

Did I mention my son went to a birthday party last night, where they indulged in a cake that had RED icing and he had RED punch to wash it down?

Wow! That sight of that covering most of your bedroom carpet will REALLY wake you up in a hurry!

Why can't I wake up like that on any other day?

Anyway, I screamed for my husband to get up (no, none of the activity detailed above awoke him), which he then did. He got the honors of taking my son to Prompt Care (turns out he his tonsils are infected with strep) and I stayed home to clean the carpet.

Did I mention that when I walked out of my room to help my son get ready to go, I was greeted with MORE puke? Apparently the cat had gotten ahold of some of our dog's RED food and had thrown-up all over the family room.

Lucky for the cat, I got the carpet clean before my husband and son returned home.

It's that nine lives thing.

Oh my...

Some days are just like that.

1 comment:

Becky said...

How is my poor nephew? I had the flu a couple of weeks ago. No Fun!!!

Tell my buddy I Love Him!!!